I have always loved purses, bags, totes, etc. I love organizing them and accessorizing with wallets and organizers. Now that I am a mother, I rarely carry a traditional purse. Whatever I choose needs to double as a diaper bag, overnight bag, laptop/iPad bag, briefcase and portable filing cabinet.
Recently, I learned about the knomo valetta. Knomo is formed from the words knowledge and mobility and I can see why. This bag, designed in the west end of London, is beautiful and functional. When I first saw the knomo valetta, I knew I wanted to try it out. I have been using this bag for a good while now on a daily basis. I toss so much stuff in it and now I only have to grab it instead of a purse, a backpack, a laptop/iPad case or sleeve and a diaper bag. I can keep paperwork that I need to work on, my laptop or iPad, my cell phone, diapers, snacks, etc. with me and no one is the wiser. From the outside, it is just a beautiful bag. I have been wear testing the ivory version for a couple of months. I always like to give a bag a good work out to see if it is worth the money and this one, in my opinion, definitely is. Some work good for awhile, but then fall apart. The valetta hasn’t given me any issues at all and is easy to wipe clean (I have done this a lot).
Check out these photos of the knomo valetta:
Word on the street (and I’ve seen photos to prove it) is that Pippa Middleton has been carrying her little knomo laptop slim all over London, but us moms need something bigger, right? That is why the super-lightweight yet super-big “valetta” was made for moms-on-the-go. It is also great for bloggers and businesswomen who don’t want to carry a briefcase in addition to a purse. Each bag is actually torture-tested by dropping 2,500 times with 33 lbs. of weight to ensure it will keep laptops and other personal technology super safe. I love the sleeve as it is nice and padded and keeps my iPad, phone and other technology safe (I can also drop my phone in the outer cell phone pocket if I want). I also love that my knomo bag has a tracker ID to help return the lost bag to me in case I accidentally leave it at the doctor’s office or elsewhere.
Here is a video I shot for y’all so you can see how I use my knomo valetta. The possibilities are endless and it looks different each day. By the end of the week, it is usually packed with papers, toys and other odds and ends. It seems like every day there is a paper for me to sign from school or therapy or some sort of paperwork I need with me at all times. I can easily tote around a few file folders and a binder of paperwork when I want to.
- Lightweight quilted nylon with Safianno trim exterior and silver hardware.
- Removable padded-laptop sleeve for standard 13″ computers
- Two large main compartments with a secured zip pocket in centre.
- Magnetic tab closure for the main compartment.
- Removable satin sleeve for 13″ laptop
- Unique knomo ID number (for registration) to help return your knomo if you are parted
- Guaranteed until her 2nd birthday (covering faulty materials or craftsmanship)
Buy: You can find out all about the knomo valetta here. The bag comes in black, brown and ivory. The knomo valetta and other knomo bags can be purchased at www.knomo.com and other retailers. It retails for $169. Check their site for full details on all of their bags.
Win: Update: Congrats to gala!
One Potamus Prefers reader will win a knomo valetta bag in their choice of color (a $169 value). For the first required entry, please tell me your favorite knomo product from their website.
If you’d like extra entries (after the required entry is completed), please leave a comment on this post for each entry:
1. Become a Facebook fan of knomo (like) for one extra entry.
2. Follow knomo on Twitter.
3. Subscribe to our feed by email for two extra entries (sidebar). Important: If you subscribed in the past, please double check that you still receive our emails as we lost some subscribers in a glitch when switching over to WordPress.
4. Follow Potamus Prefers on Twitter.
5. Become a Potamus Prefers Facebook fan for one extra entry.
6. Follow PotamusPrefers through Google Friend Connect (sidebar) for one extra entry.
7. You can have one extra entry for telling me why you want to win a knomo valetta.
This giveaway is open to those in the U.S. only and will end Nov. 12, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time. Winner will be posted on this blog (in this post) and will be e-mailed (please be sure to leave an e-mail address if you aren’t a blogger or if it isn’t part of your profile). You will have 48 hours to reply.
I received a knomo valetta to wear test. No other compensation was received and the giveaway prize is being provided by knomo as well.