I love chocolate. It is such a tasty treat. I also love getting together with my girlfriends for a night out. I know that home parties are a fun way to do that and they also help moms make a little extra money.
Recently, I found out about Dove Chocolate Discoveries. Have you heard about it? I was sent the Dove Chocolate Discoveries Starter Kit so I could get an idea of what sort of products they offer and how the parties work. Here is what I received (and you can win a kit just like it, so keep reading):
1½ Pounds of Dark Chocolate
4 Chocolate Mousse Packets
1 Chocolate Martini Mix Bottle
1 Blue Heart-Shaped Fondue Set
1 Truffle Fudge Brownie Mix
1 Box Chocolate-Covered Almonds
1 Tasting Party DVD
1 Share the Sweet Life DVD
25 Host Coaching Guides
25 Fall/Holiday Catalogs
25 Fall/Holiday Entertaining Guides
50 Order Forms
I learned that Dove Chocolate Discoveries (DCD) is dedicated to creating the ultimate chocolate experience in the comfort of your own home. They provide the opportunity to share sweet moments with family and friends. DCD launched in February of 2007 by Mars, Incorporated, a company that started years after Frank Mars spent his boyhood learning to hand-dip chocolate with his mother. Those who sell the chocolate through DCD are dubbed “Chocolatiers”. They sample chocolate, encourage purchases and invite people to Chocolate Tasting Parties. They also encourage others to become Chocolatiers. Parties are a fun way to try 5-minute chocolate mousse, chocolate smoothies and chocolate covered nuts and discover a whole new world of Dove chocolate. You can find out lots more about Dove Chocolate Discoveries at their Facebook page found at facebook.com/dovediscoveries or at their website at www.dovechocolatediscoveries.com.
When I received my kit, I started browsing for fast recipes. I decided to try the 5-minute mousse and candied oranges (I found this recipe as part of another recipe in the book). They both only have three ingredients so I was all over that. Besides, hubby’s favorite dessert is chocolate covered oranges so I figured he’d approve. To make the candied oranges, I used two Valencia oranges that I sliced in 1/8th inch slices then boiled in a sugar and water mixture. Look how yummy they look boiling (they smelled divine, too):
I then mixed the mousse up. It couldn’t have been simpler. I just mixed 4 ozs. of Dove Chocolate Discoveries Dark Chocolate and 3/4 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream with the Mousse Mix. You can see the easy process in the photos I snapped below while making this yumminess:
When the mousse was finished, I garnished it with the candied oranges. What a decadent dessert that was easy as can be. I also received a fondue pot that I am looking forward to using for melted chocolate. I love to dunk pineapple, bananas, strawberries and chunks of cake in freshly melted chocolate. Delicious! I also love the Chocolate-Covered Cashews & Almonds. Those disappeared FAST in this house! You can’t eat just one.
Why Direct Sales?
Six reasons to consider joining the more than 15 million Americans in the direct selling industry:
- Freedom: Work for yourself and be independent, setting your own business goals.
- Flexibility: Set your own hours and schedule work around family priorities.
- Finances: Pay bills, take that special vacation or replace your full time income. How much you earn is entirely up to you!
- Fuel your development: With top notch training programs and tools, you’ll gain entrepreneurial business skills and savvy that will make you a hot commodity in any market.
- Friends: Meet new people through Tasting Parties and a supportive network of Chocolatiers.
- Fun: Love what you do and share that joy. It doesn’t feel like work when you make people happy! After all who doesn’t love chocolate?
I would love to attend a party. The chocolate is delicious. It’s Women’s Small Business Month and as a small business person of sorts (a blogger), I love any opportunity that empowers stay at home parents to raise funds for schools and make extra money for the family while setting their own hours.
To get started, you will need a business kit. They come in two sizes. Just check out their website for full details at www.dovechocolatediscoveries.com.
Win: Update: Congrats to Kristen D.!
One Potamus Prefers reader will win the Dove Chocolate Discoveries Starter Kit ($200 retail value) pictured in this post. This will give you the opportunity to try out the products. For the first required entry, please tell me your favorite product from their website.
If you’d like extra entries (after the required entry is completed), please leave a comment on this post for each entry:
1. Become a Facebook fan of Dove Chocolate Discoveries (like) for one extra entry.
2. Follow Dove Chocolate Discoveries on Twitter.
3. Subscribe to our feed by email for two extra entries (sidebar). Important: If you subscribed in the past, please double check that you still receive our emails as we lost some subscribers in a glitch when switching over to WordPress.
4. Follow Potamus Prefers on Twitter.
5. Become a Potamus Prefers Facebook fan for one extra entry.
6. Follow PotamusPrefers through Google Friend Connect (sidebar) for one extra entry.
7. You can have one extra entry for telling me your favorite chocolate dessert.
This giveaway is open to those in the U.S. only and will end Oct. 15, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time. Winner will be posted on this blog (in this post) and will be e-mailed (please be sure to leave an e-mail address if you aren’t a blogger or if it isn’t part of your profile). You will have 24 hours to reply.
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of DOVE Chocolate Discoveries and received a Starter Kit to facilitate my review.