- Back to school! Who is excited about it? I know many parents and kids are. My boys attend preschool and absolutely love riding the bus and heading off to school. I love watching them hurry to the bus with their little backpacks, new school outfits and little tennis shoes. I love looking at the photos for years to come and marveling at how fast they grow up.
Before the boys were walking, I dreamed of seeing them toddle around in their first pair of Converse Chuck Taylor All Star shoes (or Chucks as we call them). By the time they were one, each boy had a pair. They had a black pair and a red pair. When Finley got his first orthotic braces (SureSteps), his grandparents bought him a brown pair and a blue pair because they fit just right over his bulky orthotics. This year, the boys have a red pair and a grey pair. Yes, we are big fans and you can see us walking around Famous Footwear regularly trying out new pairs. There are only a few shoes that Finley can wear over his AFOs and Converse is one brand that fits that bill. In the craziness of the start of the school year and shuffling therapies and appointments, I lost my camera battery along with about 50,000 pieces of paperwork and therapy toys. Thank God for iPhone cameras. I have been chasing the boys around for the last two days snapping photos. I just had to snap the photo of Finley’s feet this morning when we were getting him dressed for school.
Classic, right? Well, stay tuned to the end of this post for a chance to win a pair of Converse from Famous Footwear, but right now I want to tell you about an exciting contest. Famous Footwear has just launched a Facebook contest that is called “Step It Up For Your School”. This is a national contest to inspire students to advocate for their high school to be improved.
Entrants have a chance to win a $100,000 prize. Up to $75,000 of that prize is to be used to transform their school and the nominator gets to keep up to $25,000 of the prize! You can learn all of the details and enter at their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
Buy: Famous Footwear is a leading back-to-school footwear destination for families – with more than 1,100 stores nationwide offering more than 100 nationally recognized brands and even more choices available at www.FamousFootwear.com. You can find a wide variety of Converse shoes on their website and in their retail stores.
Win: Update: Congratulations to Megan!
One Potamus Prefers reader will win a pair of Converse shoes from Famous Footwear. Just tell me which pair you would choose if you won for the first required entry.
If you’d like extra entries (after the required entry is completed), please leave a comment on this post for each entry:
1. Become a Facebook fan of Famous Footwear (like) for one extra entry.
2. Follow Famous Footwear on Twitter.
3. Subscribe to our feed by email for two extra entries (sidebar). Important: If you subscribed in the past, please double check that you still receive our emails as we lost some subscribers in a glitch when switching over to WordPress.
4. Follow Potamus Prefers on Twitter.
5. Become a Potamus Prefers Facebook fan for one extra entry.
6. Follow PotamusPrefers through Google Friend Connect (sidebar) for one extra entry.
7. You can have one extra entry for telling me a memory of Converse or something that comes to mind when you think of the brand.
This giveaway is open to those in the U.S. only and will end Sept. 9, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time. Winner will be posted on this blog (in this post) and will be e-mailed (please be sure to leave an e-mail address if you aren’t a blogger or if it isn’t part of your profile). You will have 24 hours to reply.
Fine Print: I received a pair of shoes to check out on behalf of Famous Footwear and Converse. The giveaway prize is being provided as well. The opinions are our own.